Saturday, May 31, 2014

My Curated List of Blogs




I love reading blogs, be it food, fashion, beauty, etc. It's funny, companies spend millions trying to advertise their products with celebrities that may resonate with us, but nothing can make me purchase a tea set or new foundation faster than a recommendation from my favorite blogger.
So here it is: a list of people who brighten up my day! I spoke in detail about my favorite blogger from each category, but they're all wonderful:

Beauty
From Head to Toe: What I really love about Jen isn't just her bubbly personality, but the fact that she's the one blogger I found myself to match most in terms of skin type, eye shape, and hair. It comes with the fact that we're both Asian, oily-combination, sensitive, AND prone to acne (the horror). But her heart-to-hearts are great and really encourage beauty from not only the outside but within as well.

Fashion 
Clothes Encounters: Her style is a little cray, but I love it. Doesn't her that she currently resides in my hometown: Oakland! She vibes gangsta & badass in the littlest package so I love it. She taught me that the world is my oyster and I can wear whatever I want wherever I want as long as it makes me feel great. I've embraced the fact that I love heels and I can now climb hills with them.

Food
Smitten Kitchen: I'm a baker and I love love love a good cookie and cake recipe. Smitten Kitchen has great photos and not only that but she talks about the process of her recipe and how she made the cookies. She's great for first time bakers because she tells you what each mixer should be like with every step.

Lifestyle
Color Me Katie: She's been one of my role models for the longest time. Her's is more of a photography blog but it's full of the happiest things I can imagine. She finds joy in the smallest things. Sadly, she hasn't updated in a bit more than a year, but I have always hoped that she'll pick up her blog again one day!


~ 0 comments: ~

~ Post a Comment ~